The Neuros works with both CF I and CF II cards and all speeds of SD cards.
However, there is a known compatibility with the Kingmax SD cards which prevents them from operating properly with the recorder.
Like all Neuros products, the recorder is intended to be an evolving product, developed in as open an environment as possible. The firmware is upgradeable to allow for future functionality and will be supported on the Neuros Audio website.
There is no additional software necessary, but the Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder comes with the Ulead Video ToolBox(TM) 2 Home Edition software bundle pack for the PC for additional file conversion and editing functionality.
Since the Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder uses a standard MPEG-4 video file format, and standard CF/SD memory storage, it is compatible with most digital devices such as PCs, and laptops, and select PDAs, SmartPhones and other digital media players.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder features an MPEG-4 AVI movie player compatible with MPEG-4 SP with G.726 audio; MPEG-4 SP with MP3 stereo sound, near DVD quality; 30 fps at 352x240 resolution Microsoft ASF file format; 30 fps at 362x240 resolution AVI file format, encoded by DivX 4.0 & 5.0.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder has four resolution/compression options. Using a 512 MB CF or SD memory card, the approximate amount of content can be recorded per option:
* Super Fine - 45 minutes, 32 seconds
* Fine - 59 minutes, 36 seconds
* Normal - 118 minutes, 32 seconds
* Economy - 177 minutes, 48 seconds
The video quality is dependant upon the quality of the original content and signal, but the Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder records at 30 frames per second at 352 x 240 resolution. The content can then be saved in one of four resolution/compression options.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder uses standard CF and/or SD flash memory cards as a storage medium, but these are not included and must be purchased separately. A PC or Laptop is needed for additional file conversion and editing functions, but is not necessary for the creation and playback of MPEG-4 video files.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder comes complete with:
* A/V Interface Cables
* PC 2.0 USB Cable
* 110-240V AC/DC Power Supply
* Remote Control
* User's Manual
* Driver and Software Bundle Pack
* Standard CF or SD memory storage cards are required, but not included.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder
* Records in real-time from any analog video source, including cable and satellite TV, DVD players, camcorders, VCRs, and Tivo(TM)
* Variable resolution/compression settings
* Simple RCA cable Setup - works without a PC and operates just like a VCR
* Uses standard Compact Flash (CF) or Secure Digital (SD) memory cards
* USB 2.0 Connection allows fast file transfers to and from PC
* Handy remote control
* Upgradeable firmware allows for expanded functionality in the future
* Ships with Ulead Video ToolBox(TM) 2 Home Edition software.
With the Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder you can:
* Record TV and movies to digital MPEG-4 files
* Archive home movies
* Watch movies or TV shows on your laptop or PDA
* Play MP3 audio files through your home stereo
* View photos on your television
-all without worrying about complicated set-up, additional equipment, or file format compatibility.
The Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder is easy to use, as it plugs into any existing home theatre component via simple RCA cables. It records from any analog video source, including cable or satellite TV, DVD players, camcorders, VCRs and PVRs such as Tivo?. Since the Neuros MPEG-4 recorder uses compact memory cards as the storage medium, the resulting video files can then be played back on your television or easily transferred to the digital devices you already have, such as laptops, PDAs and SmartPhones for playback.